GEKA kindergartens have different enrolment procedures depending on which Council the kindergarten is located in. Please ensure you view the correct council enrolment procedures for the kindergarten/s you are interested in when viewing the below information – either City of Glen Eira or City of Monash
GEKA kindergartens offer a variety of sessional programs that vary in the length and the number of days your child may attend. The session times can be viewed on our timetable page
To be eligible to attend 3 YEAR OLD kindergarten, your child MUST turn three (3) by 30th April in the year they attend. Refer to the table below to guide as to which year your child should attend in kindergarten based on age.
Families with children born between 1 January and 30 April have a CHOICE about whether their child will commence school in the year they turn five or the following year when they turn six, and therefore whether they commence 3 year old kindergarten in the year they turn three or the year they turn four. A child will ONLY be eligible to receive a second year of 3 year old kindergarten with GEKA if they are assessed by the kindergarten teacher as having at least two areas of significant developmental delay that are not age related e.g. If the child is exhibiting behaviour/s that is deemed consistent for their ‘young’ age they will NOT fit the criteria.
|Date of Birth||Enrolments Open from 01 May||Attend 3YO Kindergarten||Attend 4YO Kindergarten||Attend Prep (Primary School)|
|01 May 2016 – 30 April 2017||01 May 2019||2020||2021||2022|
|01 May 2017 – 30 April 2018||01 July 2020||2021||2022||2023|
|01 May 2018 – 30 April 2019||01 May 2021||2022||2023||2024|
|01 May 2019 – 30 April 2020||01 May 2022||2023||2024||2025|
Kindergartens Managed by GEKA:
GEKA Bentleigh Kindergarten
GEKA Bentleigh East Kindergarten
GEKA Brady Road Kindergarten
GEKA Carnegie Kindergarten
GEKA Caulfield South Kindergarten
GEKA Centre Road Kindergarten
GEKA Glover Street Kindergarten
GEKA McKinnon Kindergarten
GEKA Murrumbeena Kindergarten
GEKA Orrong Road Kindergarten
GEKA kindergartens located in the Glen Eira Council municipality – 3 year old
To register for a GEKA 3 YEAR OLD kindergarten (within the Glen Eira Council), complete GEKA’s ONLINE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION APPLICATION.
3 and 4 year applications/enrolments are NOT linked in Glen Eira, and we recommend you complete BOTH a 3 year old and 4 year old Kindergarten Registration Application concurrently. 4 year old applications are made via Glen Eira City Council
On your application, you can chose a first and second preference and there is a non-refundable registration fee of $30. Completing this Application will place your child on a 3 year old kindergarten waitlist and is not a guarantee of place. Due to high demand, families are encouraged to apply for 3 year old kindergarten early.
Applications OPEN from 01 MAY THE YEAR prior to your child attending 3 year old kindergarten and TWO years prior to your child attending 4 year old kindergarten. Completing an Application will place your child on a waitlist and is not a guarantee of place. Demand for places is strong, so we recommend applying early.
BEFORE you submit your online 3 year old Kindergarten Registration Application, please read important information below so you understand the kindergarten enrolment process
Free Kindergarten for 3 year olds
The Victorian Government subsidises fees for some children so they can attend kindergarten for free two years before they start primary school. Your child is eligible to attend free kindergarten if they are at least 3 year old by 30 April and:
- Are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, or
- Are known to Child Protection, or referred by Child Protection to Child FIRST
For more information, visit Free kindergarten for three year-olds
- 3 year old kindergarten places are offered by date of application received (the time you lodge your application is not a factor). Where the number of applications received on the same day exceed places available, offers are then determined through a random ballot. Priority in some circumstances is also offered, please view the priority of access list below.
- Children who are 2 years of age at the start of kindergarten (but turn 3 by the 30 April) are required to pay full first term’s fees even though the child may not attend until they turn 3 years of age. In such instances, you may visit the kindergarten for short periods of time with your child until they turn three. This will be prearranged with the teacher.
- A request to change preference without a change of address, the application date will be based upon the date of the change of preference request received.
- The offers of place commence in July/August in the year prior to your child’s commencement at kindergarten. Subsequent offers will be made until all kindergartens are full and/or all children on the list have been offered a place. Places will be confirmed via email in September the year prior to attending.
Priority of access
Priority will be given to:
- Children who have been approved to repeat a second year of three year old kindergarten
- Children who were eligible to attend in the previous year but deferred or withdrew from the service on or before the last day of Term 1.
- Families who have had another child attend the kindergarten in the last five years. Sibling preference ONLY applies to applications submitted on 1 July.
- Children who have disabilities or additional needs
- Children who are eligible for the Early Start Kindergarten Program (three-year-old Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, and children known to Child Protection may be eligible for this scheme). Details are available here
GEKA kindergartens located in the Monash Council municipality – 3 year old
GEKA’s Sacred Heart Kindergarten participate in the Monash Councils Central Enrolment system.
Applications for GEKA’s Sacred Heart Kindergarten are made directly with Monash Council. To view the Monash’s Council kindergarten enrolment procedures and register for a kindergarten place please visit https://www.monash.vic.gov.au/Home. You can register for a kindergarten place via their Parent Portal
Families are able to enrol, pay the administration fee, view and amend their application details. You can login to update your details and change your kindergarten preference at any time.
You can apply anytime, with a cut-off date of 30 June, in the year prior to commencing kindergarten. This will ensure that your child will be included in the allocation process.
Enrolment in a 3 year old kindergarten program does not guarantee a place in the 4 year old program as each year’s waiting list is processed and allocated separately. Children can be enrolled for both 3 and 4 year old on the same form.
For further information, please contact Monash Council’s Kindergarten Support team on 9518 3555 or email@example.com
Comments are closed.