When to send my child to four year old kindergarten
GEKA kindergartens participate in the Glen Eira City Council four-year-old central enrolment system.
All applications and waiting lists are maintained centrally by the Council.
Please refer to the table below.
|Date of Birth||Enrolments Open from 1 May||Year Attending|
|01 May 2015 – 30 April 2016||01 May 2018||2020|
|01 May 2016 – 30 April 2017||01 May 2019||2021|
|01 May 2017 – 30 April 2018||01 May 2020||2022|
Places are offered by date of application (the time you lodge your application is not a factor). Where the number of applications received on the same day exceed places available, offers are then determined through a random ballot.
The offers of places will be made in accordance with the selection criteria. Priority will be given to:
- Children who have been approved to repeat a second year of funded four year old kindergarten
- Children with additional needs
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children
- Children at risk of abuse or neglect including children in Out-of-Home Care
- Children eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy
- Asylum seeker and refugee children
- Families who live, work or study in the City of Glen Eira. You may be required to provide proof of address
Places and Offers
GEKA Kindergarten participate in the Glen Eira City Council four-year old central enrolment system. All applications and waiting lists are maintained centrally by the council. No application forms for four-year-old kindergarten will be accepted or processed if sent directly to GEKA.
To enrol in a GEKA four-year-old kindergarten an application form must be completed. You can download an application online from the council or by contacting Council’s Service Centre. An Application fee applies.
Kindergarten is subsidised by the State and Federal government and all children are eligible to attend ONE funded program in the year before school entry.
Contact Glen Eira City Council
Comments are closed.