Dear GEKA Community,
The State Government has recently announced there will be fee relief for families with children in an eligible funded 4YO kindergarten programs for Term 3. This fee relief has been revised up to $460 per child for the term. The Government has also provided $400 in fee relief to families with children in 3YO groups.
While GEKA are not eligible for fee relief for families with children in an eligible funded programs, we are pleased to advise that we will not only match the State Government’s fee relief but we will provide complete fee relief for all families with children in both 3YO & 4YO programs in Term 3.
Kindergarten in term 3 will be free for families. We know this will provide much needed relief for all families in the GEKA Community and allow families to make informed choices about whether to send their child to kindergarten or not, with no financial impact if they do keep their child home (especially during the stage 3 lockdown).
We will provide further information to families if the Government declare stage 4 restrictions and what that will mean for kindergarten – at this stage, we are unsure.
Fee relief will be provided as follows, depending on current Term 3 fee status:
- Families that have paid term 3 fees as a result of the credit from Term 2 will receive a credit for their Term 4 fees.
- Families who have paid Term 3 fees will receive a credit for Term 4 fees.
- Families who have not as yet paid Term 3 fees, will not need to take any action. Your invoice will be credited and re-issued for Term 4 fees. Term 4 invoices will be sent in September unless additional State Govt fee relief is announced prior.
Please contact the finance team on firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any queries or concerns regarding fees.
At this stage, all GEKA kindergartens remain open for children in both 3 and 4 year old programs, despite the programs operating within a restricted environment.
- Families are reminded to only send children to kindergarten if they are WELL.
- Any children that present with ANY SYMPTOMS of a cold or flu will be unable to attend the program and need medical clearance, on arrival, in order to return.
- Any child that develops these symptoms throughout the day will be sent home immediately – families need to ensure they are contactable and to remind emergency contacts to be alert to possible calls from the kindergarten.
- Any child that has a sick family member within their household is asked to remain at home.
- Any child that has a family member within their household that has been tested for COVID-19 is asked to remain at home until a negative result is received.
These restrictions will ensure the safety of our educators and your children. Please continue to work with us to ensure we stay as safe as possible. Thank you.
Comments are closed.